To implement geometry-aware simulation modules and advanced visualization tools based on the state-of-the-art in isogeometric analysis. The individual solvers are designed with broad usability and interoperability in mind so that they can be combined to multi-physics simulation tools for the MOTOR Products, water turbines (WP7) and twin-screw machines (WP8).
Description of work
- MM 3.1a: Incompressible Navier-Stokes solver for steady-state and transient flows in water turbines with focus on fast iterative solution algorithms (preconditioned Krylov subspace methods), stabilization techniques, accurate boundary treatment and different turbulence models
- MM 3.1b: Compressible Navier-Stokes solver for steady-state and transient flows in twin-screw machines with focus on high-resolution algebraic flux correction stabilization techniques, accurate positivity-preserving boundary treatment and efficient solution algorithms (multigrid techniques, Newton-Krylov solvers)
- MM 3.2: Structural mechanics solver that enables the simulation of large deformation problems and includes the treatment of incompressibility constraints
- MM 3.3: Fluid-structure interaction for the simulation of water turbines.
- MM 3.4: Transformation of quantities between multi-domains based on their local representation within the NURBS parameterized interface surface to enable fully conservative formulations.
- MM 3.5: Advanced interactive visualization techniques for fluid flow and structural mechanics for high-order isogeometric methods